Top Social

winter fashion ideas: patterned wool socks!

1/02/2013
Currently, what I love is the look of wool. Fortunately, it is winter so wool can spend some time with the public in all of its sophisticated glory.

A friend of mine from Tajikistan was able to meet me in London during a visit with my family and with her shyly beautiful personality she brought a pair of hand-knit wool socks made by her grandmother, whom I now desperately want to employ/adopt. I find these socks to be just lovely. Perhaps, only I could mention beauty and socks in the same sentence (and even more than once, at that), but they just look and feel so exactly Russian and Persian village mixed evenly together that they are charming enough. These instantly warm your feet, make you smile every time you look down, and look so winter-spirited peaking over an ankle boot and some skinny jeans/thick cable tights. They are of a stiff and solid wool. I can't guarantee the same results, but Ebay has some similar items.

Here are mine:

-Anila
1 comment on "winter fashion ideas: patterned wool socks!"