Top Social

isla del encanto part II

7/18/2013
One of the gladdest moments of human life, methinks, is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands. Shaking off with one mighty effort the fetters of habit, the leaden weight of routine, the cloak of many cares and the slavery of home, man feels once more happy.
Richard Burton

What I love most about this country, are the people. I love that the children initiate smiling and waving at you and when you greet them first, they return the pleasantries without a hint of mistrust (even the 12 year old boys!) I love that the women walking with their men would pass you by with a smile, without protectiveness (even if one accidentally were to glance upon her companion). I love that the men are not afraid to sit with their legs crossed or show vulnerability. I love that they may just tango in a tea cafe, and that they will tango with their eyes closed and with succinct talent, exactly in step, despite how distant the sound of the music may be. I love that a person will leave their job to walk you to a place that you asked directions for. I love that young men may just come up to you and start a conversation without a comprehensible ulterior motive, and then pleasantly walk away, without even asking for your name. I love that you can just share the snack you are eating with the Puerto Rican lady behind you, and she will accept it, wordlessly. I love that when you speak an inarticulate Spanish, the people respond as if you were fluent. I love that cafe owners will close their shop and still not kick you out. 

In summary, regresaremos.










M.A.







M.A.

M.A. (what a beautiful child)

M.A.

M.A.


T.W.

M.A.
M.A.

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
Lin Yutang

Post Comment
Post a Comment