Top Social

bride-to-be hibachi & hijab DIY impatient couture

4/21/2013
We went to a local hibachi restaurant because of the cheap entertainment (who isn't impressed by fire from a somewhat safe distance?) and the large seating in celebration for my cousin getting engaged. The food was pretty flippin' bland, I have to say, but it was an enjoyable night. For dessert, my little sisters and I had baked coconut cupcakes from scratch (and by that, I mean I sat on a chair in the kitchen and directed my sisters what to do). The party and I were thoroughly impressed with the results, and I certainly did continue to talk about it for another few days. I still think baking is the unskilled cook's territory. I joke, baking can be almost an equal of a skill as cooking, at times I suppose. 

Anyway, I wore an oversize mustard colored sweater, which apparently is a men's sweater at H&M. I wore some plaid-like gray pants from Forever 21 and random jewelry I got online, with green kitten heeled pumps.  I had gone to the fabric store and went on an old lady shopping spree with my baby sisters. I bought a polka dot print material and purchased light pink lace to add on to it. 


I love how simple but beautiful Inayah's hijab details are, and decided to cost-effectively replicate. I liked how my polka-dot hijab turned out and made a few more. Fabric and the details cost a total of no more than $10 each. I very impatiently hand sewed the trims, but you get the point. There are so many average patterns that look beautiful with some simple lace or bead trim. I think next I will make a hijab with sheer leopard print fabric with a hot pink lace. 


-A
Post Comment
Post a Comment